This Packaging Mechanic has a good working knowledge of all aspects of the packaging equipment and line integration for both blistering and bottling operations. This position requires good troubleshooting and problem solving skills, the ability to work independently and also the ability to take direction. The packaging mechanic will specialize in customer service, on-time response to non-routine maintenance activities, and on-time execution of preventive maintenance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on all equipment and systems in order to maximize facility up time and equipment availability.
· Timely closure of routine and non routine work orders.
· Adherence to established policies, procedures and SOP’s
· Must be self-motivated and work with little or no direct supervision.
· Maintain proper documentation for all maintenance activities.
· Perform emergency and corrective repairs on all facility related equipment and systems.
· Perform facility equipment installations or modifications as required.
· Assist or support other maintenance technicians as required in the accomplishment of duties/assignments.
· Safely operate hand and power tools as well as shop equipment including drill press, milling machine, lathe, welder, grinders, etc.
· Maintain appropriate critical spare parts inventory for facility equipment.
· Utilize various electrical, HVAC or other test equipment and meters as applicable to effectively troubleshoot equipment and systems.
· Periodically be on call.
· Work overtime and respond to emergencies as required.
· Represent the Company and the maintenance department in a professional manner.
· At the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, investigate, report findings and identify root cause for Incident Reports.
· Physical demands of job include working indoors and outdoors; occasionally lifting heavy objects; working at heights from lifts or ladders while wearing fall protection equipment; bending, crawling stooping, walking or standing.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum of five years experience as an industrial maintenance or service technician.
Exhibits good oral and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
No Verbal or written corrective action per Teva’s Coaching, Counseling and Corrective Action Policy within past 6 months. No Final written warning corrective action as per Teva’s Coaching, Counseling and Corrective Action Policy within past 12 months.
Performance Evaluation: Meets or above
Adherence to Teva’s Attendance and Punctuality Policy.