Teva USA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., is a leading global organization employing 26,000 people worldwide. Our aggressive growth strategy has positioned Teva as a top 20 global pharmaceutical company with plans to be Top 10 in the coming years.
We have an opportunity for a General Maintenance Mechanic at our Gurnee, IL location. This position is first shift M-F 8AM-4:30PM.
Under general supervision, this position performs journey-level preventative maintenance duties and repairs of facilities, equipment and/or systems as assigned.
Essential Job Functions: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
• Performs preventative maintenance on all minor and major pieces of equipment related to facilities.
• Performs daily testing of boiler water and soft water systems; and troubleshoots and repairs steam and hot water equipment.
• Troubleshoots and repairs facilities, equipment and/or systems including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic circuits. (Motors, pumps, compressors, boilers, chillers and water system).
• Performs building (plumbing and carpentry) and equipment repairs using hand tools, power tools and electric multi-meter skills.
• Assembles components from supplied instructions or drawings and designs or fabricates simple components, assemblies or machine modifications.
• Performs basic maintenance of non-critical equipment including basic lubrication utilizing oil or grease pumps/guns, replacing and adjusting drive belts, replacing filters, replacing lights, light plumbing and replacing mechanical parts with supplied original manufacturer parts.
• Performs repairs of a mechanical or electrical nature with manufacturer or other supplied parts.
• Picks-up ordered parts or supplies and restocks parts or supplies.
• Complies with all equipment, safety, and OSHA rules and regulations.
• Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
• Participates as a member of the Company’s Emergency Response Team.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
• Facility and equipment operations and maintenance practices.
• SOP for equipment operations, including safety rules and regulations.
• Electrical and pneumatic control systems, chillers and cooling towers, heating pumps, steam boilers, air compressors, and D.I./RO water systems.
• Building trades including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, lighting, carpentry and painting.
• Troubleshooting problems with facilities and equipment.
• Mechanical and electrical principles and applications.
• Basic mathematical computations and applications.
• Complying with all Company policies and procedures, safety rules and regulations.
• Analyzing and troubleshooting minor problems with equipment, identifying solutions, recommending and implementing methods, procedures, and/or techniques for resolution.
• Performing preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment and operating systems.
• Performing repair techniques including cutting, drilling, gluing, caulking, fastening of plastic, wood and milled steel; performs brazing, soldering and welding.
• Designing and fabricating simple components, assemblies or machine modifications.
• Reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics.
• Operating a personal computer.
• Reading, writing and speaking English, and communicating clearly and concisely.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with individuals contacted in the course of work.
High School diploma or equivalent, supplemented by hands-on or vocational school training, and a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a general maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment; or two or more years of satisfactory work experience as a Mechanic I, General Maintenance, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, and a valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving history.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, pushing and pulling, stooping and crouching climbing and walking, vision to monitor, occasional lifting of equipment or materials weighing up to 75 pounds. Incumbents may be exposed to toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, and dangerous tools and equipment. Work is performed in a manufacturing environment.