Summary: Under close supervision, this entry-level position is responsible for the movement of materials to support Company wide operations. Because employees in classifications at this level maybe in a training capacity, such individuals do not require significant work experience in the applicable field.
Hours: 6am - 10am & Sat 2pm - 6pm OR 8am - 12pm & Sat 2pm - 6pm
Essential Job Functions: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
• Operating hand lift or powered fork lift, or by other methods, moves material according to work order and material transfer sheets; supplies material to manufacturing, packaging, research and development (R&D), shipping, receiving and other departments.
• Verifies and ensures that materials pulled from inventory that supply other departments are accurate; compares work orders to material transfer sheets.
• Ensures that material transfer activities are performed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Loads and unloads freight trucks.
• Maintains tidiness and cleanliness in the warehouse.
• Stacks and stores materials in designated areas.
• Complies with all Company equipment and safety rules and regulations.
• Conducts physical inventory as required.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
• Warehouse practices and procedures.
• Basic mathematical computations and applications.
• Warehouse and equipment safety rules and regulations.
• Basic computer program applications.
• English usage, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources.
• Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Complying with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations.
• Working independently, effectively and efficiently.
• Performing all physical aspects of the job.
• Driving/operating hand lift and power forklift.
• Operating a personal computer.
• Handling multiple duties and tasks.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Incumbents in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, pushing and pulling, stooping and crouching climbing and walking, vision to monitor, occasional lifting of equipment or materials weighing up to 70 pounds. Incumbents may be exposed to toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, and dangerous tools and equipment. Work is performed in a manufacturing environment.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent and prefer one (1) year of warehouse work experience in a manufacturing environment.