Role Description Summary:
Place orders for all MRO, commercial raw materials and packaging components for Elizabeth site. Additionally, support purchasing activities for Actavis South Atlantic and Ownings Mills sites. Act as liaison between Planning, Manufacturing, MRF, QC and QA Operations supporting/expediting critical time sensitive purchases to meet both internal and external customer requirements.
Description of KEY Responsibilities:
- Place / track orders within assigned commodities (API, Raw materials, Packaging components, and MRO) as needed.
- May work as a team leader with multiple groups (Engineering, QA, QC, Packaging, etc…) to ensure supplier strategy is understood and is being executed appropriately.
- Support product development goals in the components, materials, and suppliers area.
- Negotiate vendor pricing, terms, and opportunities.
- Manage component supply and inventory levels for product line(s), planning and purchasing for materials requirements and ensuring flow of materials to the production floor.
- Identify alternate sources of supply.
- Knowledge of market trends through developed relationships / partnerships with suppliers for cost reduction or new development.
- Follow up on Purchasing order quotes.
- Reconcile and investigate purchasing / invoicing discrepancies as necessary.
- Instruct personnel regarding proper purchasing procedures via SOP in order to procure material within company guidelines
- Assist department as needed in work overflow situations.
- Review MRP reports for raw material, packaging component requirements and data accuracy.
- Support Global Purchasing initiatives and provide data / input as required.
- Oversee / track the return of rejected materials.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Communicate with all affected internal departments regarding vendor issues.
- Follow up with Freight Brokers and provide appropriate documentation as necessary.
- Liaison between Freight Brokers, Suppliers, and RA to facilitate timely delivery of material.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records, logs and files related to purchasing activities and operations.
- Plans and carries out activities within the responsibilities of the position to ensure prompt placing of orders for materials, and other related items in the quantity required when and where needed.
- Communicates and works closely with all requisitioning locations, departments, and personnel to coordinate delivery schedules, provide order information, independently resolve invoice discrepancies, arrange returns, and check order receipts.
- Expedites / De-expedites purchase orders within assigned commodities.
- Communicates with suppliers to place orders, expedite deliveries, solve invoice discrepancies, revise pickup and/or shipping schedules, arrange returns, notify of complaints or rejections, obtain shipping and forwarding information, and obtain pricing and availability information.
- Ensures issues are forwarded to appropriate supply/purchasing managers.