Teva Pharmaceuticals is currently seeking a Director, Executive Counsel or Sr. Director Assoicate General Counsel (R&D). This position reports directly to the General Counsel, Global R&D and serves as the primary legal support for legal issues arising in the United States as well other regional and global issues affecting the company’s early stage drug and biologics discovery and clinical development activities.
The incumbent will serve as a Research and Development (R&D) generalist responsible for providing timely and pro-active cross-functional support to the following R&D client groups: Biologics, Drug Discovery, Clinical Operations, Alliance Management, Regulatory Affairs, Academic Affairs, and Business Development. The successful candidate will have both broad and in-depth regulatory and transactional experience involving pharmaceutical or biologics development work, and particularly with respect to complex research agreements, such as drug development, collaboration, clinical trial research, material transfer, intellectual property licenses, and investigator sponsored research. The candidate should be familiar with FDA regulations for clinical research, fraud and abuse, product liability and anti-bribery requirements. The role also will provide support across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, Respiratory, and Oncology research activities.
1. Serve as main legal contact for US-based innovative R&D contracts.
2. Have sufficient experience and expertise to provide accurate, prompt and high quality legal advice directly to R&D clients without needing direction from senior company lawyers.
3. Collaborate continuously with internationally-based colleagues as key contributor to support Teva’s global R&D efforts.
4. Advise management of potential risks in contractual, financial and legal areas and propose risk mitigation strategies.
5. Assist Legal team in implementing, improving and reviewing legal processes and procedures
6. Assure compliance with international, federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to the company’s operations and activities.
Law degree (J.D.) with a distinguished academic background; active state bar membership in Pennsylvania or the ability to meet state in-house bar exemption;
• Director, Executive Counsel: At least 7 years of legal experience in a major law firm, corporate legal department, relevant government agency or a combination of the three.
• Sr Director, Associate General Counsel: At least 10 years of legal experience in a major law firm, corporate legal department, relevant government agency or a combination of the three.
Experience within a Pharmaceutical Company Law Department supporting R&D is strongly preferred.
The position requires: strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced global environment; well-developed skills for analyzing and advising on complex legal issues; the ability to function on a cross-functional and international team of lawyers; problem solving and solution focus; and the ability to manage a professional staff.