The Launch Lead is responsible for planning and managing branded product launches for the commercial organization within North America Specialty Medicines (NASM). The Launch Lead will act as a strategic and tactical business partner for the U.S. and Canadian Launch Teams and will coordinate alignment with Global Launch Teams and with non-commercial functions to achieve high quality and on time launches. The Launch Lead will be responsible for developing and owning Regional Launch Plans (e.g., activities, responsibilities, timing). They will facilitate Launch Team meetings (e.g. agenda, action items), generate status reports/dashboards, and drive the team to achieve the relevant deliverables on time. The Launch Lead will ensure that brand strategy development follows Teva’s process and will contribute launch excellence related insights and best practices where appropriate. The Launch Lead will track and manage launch related issues, and lead the team in identifying risks and developing mitigation strategies and contingency plans. They will contribute to the continuous improvement of the launch excellence process based on lessons learned and best practices.
Approximately 10%. The Launch Lead will primarily be supporting projects in Frazer, PA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Support NASM Brand Team Leads in establishing dedicated Launch Teams. Advise Launch Team members on roles and responsibilities and core deliverables. Resolve clarity issues on roles across functions.
Build and maintain launch plans and continue to develop and refine the Teva Launch Plan Template. Identify and closely manage project interdependencies. Work with Launch Team members to ensure all projects are tracking towards on-time and high quality launches.
Facilitate development of risk assessments to include mitigation and contingency plans and actively manage progress.
Facilitate Launch Team meetings, Steering Committee meetings, and extended team meetings (drive agendas, slides, communicate decisions and action items)
Facilitate development of monthly pre-launch and post-launch dashboards for leadership as well as dashboards for Launch Teams and Steering Committees.
Facilitate the development of pre and post-launch KPIs.
Participate in brand strategy development to ensure the Teva process is followed and to contribute launch excellence related insight/best practices where appropriate. Be able to articulate the strategy to team members and senior leadership. Monitor/report whether strategic questions are being answered. Ensure that tactical execution aligns with the brand strategy.
Act as a strategic sounding board for the Brand Team Lead as needed. Alert the Brand Team Lead when major strategic issues arise.
Perform post-launch evaluations to develop launch excellence best practices. Contribute to the continuous improvement of the launch excellence process and tools.
Other projects and duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in business or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a commercial role
- 1+ years of experience in launch management (experience with specialty/innovative pharmaceutical products), or 3+ years in a pharmaceutical marketing, market access strategy, market research or forecasting role with experience in launching branded products.
- Proven project management skills. Ability to manage multiple, complex projects.
- Strong facilitation skills and proven track record in identifying appropriate constituents to drive decision making and action.
- Works well under pressure and is results oriented
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a commercial role
- 2+ years of experience in launch management (experience with specialty/innovative pharmaceutical products), or 5+ years in a pharmaceutical marketing, market access strategy, market research or forecasting role with experience in launching branded products.
- Experience in setting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for launch products
- Experience with risk management and developing mitigations and contingencies
- Experience in continuous improvement -Green Belt or higher
- Understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
Company/Industry Related Knowledge:
- Proven successful experience(s) in the pharmaceutical industry