This role will be responsible for leading the execution of the functional strategy for the Americas Region Engineering. He/She will drive functional value through leadership and technical contribution as a subject matter expert (SME) and this position influences senior leaders in setting direction for the functional area. Has a great degree of functional autonomy to innovate in support of the business' initiatives and strategic direction related to engineering and maintenance activities in the Americas.
The position is responsible for monitoring and continuously improving our capabilities (people, processes and systems); Develops, monitors and maintains the profitability, productivity and growth targets for the Engineering group and is responsible for oversight of all project management, project engineering, industrial engineering and maintenance in the region.
Manages the recommended financial and non-financial strategic direction objectives and alternatives established for the business unit. Ensures execution on long-range objectives and strategic plans for Engineering. Identifies internal and external strategic issues that affect business results, growth and profitability. Participates in overall business and company planning outside of the Engineering function as part of the senior management team.
Manage Americas Capex program.
Level quarterly spend; Forecast quarterly spend and maintain intimate knowledge of the larger capital projects in the region. Improve the quality of CER and adherence to the GEL process.
Develop and implement long-term strategy for Engineering operations in the Americas with consideration of global operations. Ensures adequate facilities and qualified equipment to support new product approvals and manufacturing goals.
Ensure that the development of Engineering professionals within the sites is consistent with key site positions requirements and Engineering best practices. Drive, consistency, collaboration and improvement within the site.
Manages equipment assets for the Americas.
Develops, monitors and maintains the productivity and financial targets for the Engineering group. Identifies and resolves long-term planning issues.
Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) to provide value through technical and/or leadership knowledge and proficiency at the business unit and may occasionally be called upon to do so at the global level.
Leads the Engineering and Maintenance departments to ensure that all construction meets regulatory standards, that facilities and equipment are properly maintained, and that all company property is well managed.
Ensures Execution on financial and non-financial strategies; implements and maintains strategic and operational plans toward meeting functional targets for the business unit.
Evaluates the workforce needs of the organization; participates in the review and development of talent in the organization toward the successful execution of business strategy. Provides opportunities to staff to advance their technical and leadership knowledge.
Follows Teva Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
Master's Degree, Post-Graduate or Doctoral degree in Engineering, or similarly related field of specialization
· 10+ years experience as a functional leader or department head (Sr. Director, Director or similar);
· 15+ years experience as a leader with significant expertise in contemporary engineering systems related to pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Packaging, Distribution.
· In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical industry as it relates to Engineering Operations
• Demonstrated leadership in managing global functional teams in a matrix environment.
• Ability to mentor, guide and develop Engineering staff .
· Good English language skills
· Good communication skills; ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different departments and all levels
· Ability for strategic thinking in complex business environment
Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed:
· Working knowledge of pharmaceutical operations including compounding, tableting, encapsulation, coating, packaging, and sterile injectable operations
· Working knowledge of pharmaceutical construction and maintenance, including preventative maintenance, calibration, and machine qualification
· Thorough familiarity with government regulations (FDA, EPA, DEA, OSHA, etc.)
· Proficient computer skills in current software including MS Office and Oracle
· Solid dose products experience required and support of solid dose packaging