The purpose of the position will be to assess and evaluate organic new product opportunities, determine overall value and strategic fit into the specialty portfolio. In addition the position will require the assessment and selection of the appropriate drug-device recommendation/selection which includes: competitive landscape, market trends, consumer insights and the use of technology. When appropriate, the position will be responsible for conducting and evaluating creative commercial experiments that will test market viability for strategic initiatives to determine future benefit and impact to the specialty business. Each of these initiatives will deliver a final business rationale including potential revenue, P&L, investment requirements, potential partnerships and strategic fit for the specialty business.
Innovation is a primary characteristic of our foundation, it drives our entrepreneurial spirt and it is essential to achieving continued success in our quickly changing world. To continue our pioneering spirt, the GSM Commercial Experiment’s Team aims to establish official resources, provide access to internal and external experts and create a shared knowledge base that can be leveraged across the organization. The three primary areas that the team will focus on: 1) Assessment and strategic recommendation of drug-delivery devices including life-cycle management. Device selection will include forecasting, customer feedback, P&L creation and ability to lead and drive organizational change and recommendations. 2) Assessment of new products through the use of innovative technologies applied to existing molecules to create value, complement the portfolio and provide better patient care. In addition, leverage drug –delivery technology to be applied to life-cycle management initiatives. New Product selection will include forecasting, customer feedback, P&L creation and ability to lead and drive organizational change and final recommendations. 3) Conceptualize, design and implement creative strategic commercial initiatives that are designed to test and evaluate new disruptive market models. Commercial experiments will include ability to identify internal/external stakeholders, design and execute in the appropriate test-market setting, build key performance indicators, financial impact and forecast models and the ability to create a business case for termination or path forward for project implementation and scalability.
Describe the key activities and responsibilities for this role.
1. The ability to understand the commercial requirements for drug-device selection. Providing in depth knowledge of the competitive landscape, market and consumer trends within the therapeutic area. Strong understanding of how the value of assets is impacted by technology and e-connectivity. Will lead and understand the competitive landscape and communicate how we could build a better device to provide a competitive advantage. When appropriate, also be able to include potential device sensors, e-connectivity, partnerships that may enhance the service offering beyond the device itself. Collaborate and co-create with the Teva Consumer Solutions team when needed.
2. Must be able to articulate, formulate, and align a commercial assessment with key stakeholders to ensure organizational alignment and business continuity.
3. Will lead the device selection process which highlights the organizational interdependencies and gain alignment from commercial, R&D, Device Team, TGO to ensure alignment and understanding of the development investments needed, organizational capabilities, customer/end-user input, forecast models and P&L analysis.
4. Lead a cross-functional team comprised of R&D, IP, Clinical Development, CMC, Regulatory, Commercial, and Manufacturing (TGO) to develop a detailed report on the right device selected for the clinical plan in support of the product.
5. After selection of drug-device, co-lead the device-development team to ensure on time launch and be able to identify issues and implement course correction plans to mitigate any loss of time.
6. Understand the payor environment and how to incorporate health based economics/outcomes into the analysis.
1. Lead the IEM team working on the next generation of asset management by understanding customers’ needs and translating them into functional target product profiles that will provide R&D with a road map for development.
2. Understand the portfolio strategic direction, gaps and areas for opportunity.
3. Understand the patient, treatment and payor trends in order to identify new opportunities in support of value creation.
4. Understand technology trends and how these emerging technology trends can alter the treatment landscape. Be able to apply knowledge of technology to existing molecules in order to generate new products.
5. Must be able to work in a cross matrix organization including commercial, R&D, Legal, Clinical, Drug-Delivery technologies in order to identify and evaluate new assets in support of portfolio strategy.
6. Will lead the ideation process in order to translate insights and understandings into actionable clinical innovation utilizing the use of technology to create new assets that generate significant contribution to the organization and have a significant impact on the quality of patient treatment.
7. Must be able to articulate and effectively communicate across a variety of stakeholders to ensure organizational alignment, support of the project, and champion the change to ensure consistency in the portfolio.
8. Will provide a robust commercial assessment including targeted market segments, revenue projects, P&L and NPV values.
1. Be able to lead the conception, design, address legal/regulatory/commercial constrains, partnerships and implementation of key strategic business initiatives.
2. Must be able to lead the ideation process to identify and assemble the critical business components/partnerships needed to execute key strategic initiatives.
3. Identify key test markets and rationale for recommendations for creative business experiments.
4. Identify and implement success or failure key metrics along with resources investment requirements.
5. Be able to produce a business rationale along with forecast/revenue models, P&L impact and business case for key projects.
6. Must be able to lead, influence and align key Sr. level management to build confidence and credibility for launching organizational experiments.
7. Must be able to project manage/influence and ensure team members are adhering to aggressive timelines.
- Identify the minimum education that would typically be required / preferred to perform this position
- Requirements should include course of study, degree level, and major/field of study
- Identify the minimum years of experience that would be required / preferred for a candidate to enter this position
- Include differentiating experiences that would make the incumbent more successful in the role
· A minimum of 10 years of service or solution experience within the healthcare or life sciences space is required.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in technology or health technology required.
· Knowledge, deep interest and informed point of view regarding user design & experience, evolving tools, platforms & technologies in the digital space is required.
· Able to conceptualize the components of a problem to aid in the analysis and definition of solutions is required.
· Entrepreneurial and resource approach to as solution design is required.
· Experience in change management and comfort with ambiguity, working in a culture of change in a matrix environment is required.
· Proven experience in providing examples of business development, device and business solutions from conception to implementation required.
· Experience conducting data analysis in healthcare is preferred.
· Experience in leading a commercial team and P&L is preferred.
· Experience working with R&D and Device engineers is preferred.
· Experience working with launch drug-device products in global markets is preferred.
· Experience working in biologics, CNS, Movement Disorders and Pain preferred.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed:
- Identify differentiating areas of functional knowledge that would make the incumbent more successful in the role
· Knowledge of the drug-device markets
· Experience in launching drug-device products
· Experience in building commercial models
· Experience in working-in patient technologies
· Commercial success in pipeline development