Directly report to Vice President of US Government Affairs and work in collaboration with the state and federal lobbying teams. Understand the impact of federal and state legislative proposals on the pharmaceutical marketplace and coordinate federal legislative strategy. Advocate for key public policy positions on Capitol Hill and with federal agencies.
Less than 25%
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for identifying, monitoring, and influencing federal legislation and regulation affecting Teva. Specifically responsible for the legislative and regulatory policy aspects of Medicare, Medicaid, DOD, TRICARE, and other federal programs and policies pertaining to pharmacy and health care. Interact with Senior Executives to help understand impact of Federal and program policies on Teva’s strategic objectives and operations.
Serve as Teva’s representative with policymakers, congressional staff, other health care associations, and other constituencies as needed.
Interact with federal policymakers to increase their knowledge and awareness of Teva, and the impact of various Federal related issues on its business and ability to deliver cost effective pharmaceutical products. As necessary, speak before audiences comprised of public officials and industry representatives regarding Teva and industry positions. Plans and coordinates meetings between members and elected officials to discuss legislative issues and proposals and allow officials to respond to membership concerns. Prepares news releases and informational pamphlets and conducts news conferences in order to state client's views and to inform public of features of proposed legislation considered desirable or undesirable.
Develop relationships and coalitions with health, consumer, senior citizen, and business organizations to assist in lobbying for Federal policies advocated and supported by Teva. Contacts individuals and groups having similar interests in order to encourage them also to contact legislators and present views.
Contacts and confers with members of legislature and other holders of public office to persuade them to support legislation favorable to client's interest: Studies proposed legislation to determine possible effect on interest of client, who may be person, specific group, or general public. Instruct individuals or organization members in lobbying techniques.
Confers with legislators and officials to emphasize supposed weaknesses or merits of specific bills to influence passage, defeat, or amendment of measure, or introduction of legislation more favorable to client's interests.
Other projects and duties as required/assigned.
Follows Teva Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Business or related discipline
Master’s Degree in Political Science, Business or related discipline
8+ years of experience on Capitol Hill
5+ years experience in health care policy
Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed:
Extensive knowledge of federal government required
Demonstrated ability to understand complex policy issues
Good relationships and prior working experience with Republican policymakers in Congress and the Administration and key constituencies.
· Demonstrates the ability to gain cooperation and alignment
· Creates an environment that encourages ownership, accountability, teamwork and motivation
· Is adaptable to company and/or industry changes
· Takes initiative; anticipates and removes potential barriers to completion of projects.
· Is viewed as a knowledgeable resource by customers
· Demonstrates good written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to present ideas articulately.
· Promotes and maintains open communication channels, both vertically and cross-functionally.
Organization & Planning
· Must have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize requirements independently
· Demonstrates the ability to manage and coordinate multiple high priority projects effectively
· Demonstrates attention to detail
· Well organized with the ability to multi task
· Demonstrates the ability to establish good working relationships at all levels of the company both domestically and globally
· Identifies, understands, and meets customer needs and expectations with creative solutions that add value